We’ve taken a few weeks off, we’re sorry! But, Michelle lived through a hurricane and I…. well, I don’t have any excuses. But we’re back and we have SO MUCH to share with you.
- Beach Rats
- Netflix’s Strong Island
The Bold Type/Insecure Finales
Netflix’s American Vandal
- This true crime mockumentary from Netflix follows the story of a high school sophomore investigating the recent vandalism at his high school where a popular, troublemaker and class clown is accused of drawing 27 dicks on the vehicles of faculty members. Using the techniques and aesthetic of true crime docuseries such as Making a Murderer, The Keepers, etc. American Vandal sets the tone for a film that doesn’t take itself seriously yet should be taken seriously. In all of its stupidity and immaturity, it’s actually quite brilliant and keeps your interest during a binge as many of the projects it centers it’s satire on tend to do.
Room 104: “The Missionaries”
Aly & AJ-“Take Me”
- Best Tracks: “Dreams Tonite”,”Not My Baby”, “Forget About Life”
Partner- In Search of Lost Time
- Best Tracks: “Play the Field”, “Angels from Ontario”, “Creature in the Sun”
I’m making up for lost time so, here we go!
Marc Maron: Too Real
- I love WTF (Marc Maron’s podcast) but haven’t been a huge fan of his IFC show, Maron, or his past comedy specials. Too Real feels different. His show is well-organized and delivered and the direction from Lynn Shelton really shines. It doesn’t look like any other stand up special I’ve seen! And, most importantly, the jokes are truly funny.
Mad Men seasons 6 and 7
- I finally finished, you guys! It was absolutely INCREDIBLE. This whole journey goes to show that sometimes binges don’t come easily but, in the end, the effort and time is worth it.
The Bold Type season 1 finale
Insecure season 2 finale
The Good Place season 1
- A Kristen Bell NBC sitcom? YES. Don’t think too much about it, just binge. It’s delightful and refreshing and clever. First season is available on Netflix, second season opener just premiered on NBC this week.
Top of the Lake: China Girl
- Oxenfree is a graphic adventure single-player game (available on iOS, gaming consoles, and computers) and it’s like a blend of Stranger Things and exploring maps. You play as Alex and choose all of her interactions with her friends and new stepbrother as they explore a creepy and supernatural island. It’s so fun and well-made. Highly recommend.
Bleachers live and Jack/Rachel Antonoff’s Instagram Stories
- Michelle and I BOTH saw Bleachers live this week (in St Pete and Austin, respectively). What an incredible show! Jack’s energy is contagious and I love watching a huge crowd in 2017 sing along to 80s-influenced pop/rock.